This is just plain exciting. As a marketer, I have been blogging for sometime now professionally, but not yet for personal reasons. I am proud to say that I am now a downtown resident and this is my new blog I’m calling: “Downtown 365-Musings from a Passionate Downtown Jacksonville Transplant.”
In thinking about how to approach this, I wanted to share my experience in real time with you. And so, I plan to document my first year in Downtown Jacksonville with a weekly blog recapping the week’s experience, thoughts, and feelings. And so, I begin…
My family just moved to Downtown Jacksonville from the Northside on June 23. We are residents of Berkman Plaza in the townhouses. My company offices (Hospital Physician Partners) are located in the AvMed building on the Southbank so work is just a very short walk, run, bike, water taxi away. And, I have a recording studio in the WJCT building next to Metropolitan Park. Location, location, location right? Here are a few things I have immediately noticed in my first week:
- I only filled up my gas tank once the past 1.5 week…cha-ching!!
- I am way less stressed in the a.m. and p.m.
- I have more time in the a.m. and p.m.
- There’s a lot of people out in the early a.m. and p.m. running, walking, and exercising (I’m a runner)
- I’m really closer to a lot of things than I realized
- There are a lot more restaurants and bars downtown than I thought (oh yeah!)
- Traffic is not bad at all
Add to this the fact that we just finished a nice July 4 celebration watching fireworks from the rooftop of our garage, and I would say the first week was awesome (despite my life still being partly in boxes).
Bottom line, week one was a winner.
Week 2, I will be in Oregon for vacation but I plan to write about the million questions I have received regarding my move to Downtown Jacksonville. In the meantime, if you can make it downtown, please do so. Great things are here waiting for and wanting your interest, patronage and enjoyment. Ciao!